An incredibly exciting opportunity for experienced Mental Health Support Workers or individuals with passion and commitment to join our team to help provide holistic recovery-focused support to clients with mental health across our Exeter & East Devon Mental Health Services (EEDMHS).
Package up to £25,313.33 package includes on call / sleep in payments
Our Mental Health Support Workers work tirelessly and creatively with an allocated caseload of clients to provide high quality support through 1:1 and group sessions whilst working closely with external partner agencies. Our Mental Health Support Workers all:
- Support and accompany clients to attend essential appointments and signpost clients to relevant services and community-based projects
- Support clients with medication, where required
- Actively engage clients in their support and developing and improving our services
- Help assess potential new clients
- Liaise with external agencies
- Manage any incidents or challenging behaviour
- Facilitate group activities
- Develop person-centred Support Plans and Risk Management Plans based on their clients’ identified support needs to develop the skills and resources to transform their lives and enable independent living
- Instinctively work in a manner that aligns fully with saha’s values; demonstrating energy and passion, along with a positive, can-do attitude in your daily contribution to transforming lives.
- Be a great communicator, building trusting and professional relationships.
- Be passionate about making a difference and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Empower people to develop their skills, strengths and talents.
- Be comfortable dealing with difficult or complex situations and have a high level of resilience.
- Be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults, children and young people.
- Be able to participate in our 24 hour shift rota system (sleep-ins) and our on-call rota.
- Have a knowledge of the needs and support requirements of people with complex mental health needs, have a relevant qualification in health and social care or worked in another social care setting.
We really want you to be able to succeed in your work with saha, so in return for helping to transform lives, we want to help you to transform your lifestyle by giving you access to some great benefits in addition to the above salary package. This includes:
- 26 days annual leave (pro-rata) rising to 31 days;
- A High Street discount scheme (great savings both on and offline);
- Pension with Life Assurance;
- Health Assistance Programme;
- Occupational Sick Pay following your probationary period;
- A full Induction package and Training relevant to the role and to aide your own personal and professional development;
- An allocated Buddy during your probationary period;
- Regular 1:1 Supervision Sessions with your Line Manager and Annual Appraisals