Site Maintenance Officer - Sunningdale, SL5
40 hours per week - Hourly rate dependent on experience
Caring Homes are looking to appoint a Site Maintenance Officer on a 40 hour per week at Dormy House care home.
You will be responsible for all general maintenance and upkeep duties to ensure a safe and attractive environment for residents and staff with minimal disruption to the home, including carrying out various odd jobs such as performing repairs, maintaining property, performing renovations as and when required and tending to the grounds, mechanical and electrical systems, specialist equipment and all its general contents.
This will include:
- Minor repairs to furniture, doors and undertake carpentry when required
- Assist with home closures and openings, moving furniture, transporting equipment as required
- Undertake minor electrical repairs
- Unblock sinks, maintain dustbin area and fencing around the property
- Undertake all decorating requirements
- Complete weekly and monthly statutory tests to ensure compliance is maintained in the home
- Carry out audits and make sure records are kept up-to-date
- Whether you’re replacing a tap or mixer valve, fitting a new extractor fan, repairing the timber on a bedroom window or putting up new wallpaper in the dining room, you’ll do so with a sense of kindness and understanding towards our residents above anything else.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To have previous, relevant experience in an appropriate skill (e.g. plumbing or carpentry), or in a similar role with ideally minimum of 2 years maintenance experience
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations
- Knowledge of Management of Health and Safety at Work regulation 1992
- Understanding the terms ‘Hazard’ and ‘Risk’
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence
- To be willing to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service
But why join our team?
We couldn’t achieve what we do without our amazing teams. We believe in our people and want to ensure you feel appreciated and supported at every step of your journey with us. For this reason, we offer an excellent range of benefits as listed below.
- One place of work– We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours– enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package– offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career pathladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programmewith full induction training including buddy system
- Childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme– Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal- All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £150 for referring a carer and £500 for referring a nurse to us
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
If you have the skills and experience needed please click ‘APPLY’. For more information please call the recruitment team on 01206 224188 or email email@example.com
In order to protect both our staff and our residents, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), it is a requirement that all new employees have a Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencing with Caring Homes Group, and that they continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.