Head Chef - Sudbury, CO10
40 hours per week - £10.70 per hour
We are delighted to be looking for an experienced and passionate Head Chef to join our team at Hillside.
This is an exciting time to be joining the home where we provide specialist nursing and dementia care for elderly residents.
Reporting to the Home Manager, you will organise and control the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Prepare, cook and serve hot and cold meals, as and when required
- Provide for special dietary requirements where necessary, and take into account the preferences of individual Clients
- Responsible for the management of a small kitchen team
- Liaise with the Home Manager when planning / costing menus in order to provide a balanced nutritious diet, making the best use of available fresh foods
- Conduct basic food hygiene training for all Care Staff involved in handling and delivery of food
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas
- Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Centres Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures
- Promote safe working practice in the Care Centre
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you
- Experience of autonomous working in catering environment
- Leadership skills
- Food/Hygiene certificate and/or City and Guilds 706 – 1&2 or equivalent
- Good Communication Skills
- Ability to plan and prepare meals which are in keeping with special dietary requirements
- Experiene working to strict budgets
Why join our team?
- One place of work – We operate residential/supported living services, meaning you’ll not need to worry about travelling from location to location.
- Flexible hours – enabling you to balance work and home life.
- Voluntary Benefits Package – offering amazing retail discounts at over 8,000 locations nationwide, enabling our staff to make savings of up to £1,500 per year
- Personalised career path ladders including support with your Care Certificate to ensure fulfilling career development
- Learning and Development programme with full induction training including buddy system
- Employee Assistance Programme – Immediate access to a confidential telephone counselling and legal information service which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Online Health Portal - All colleagues have access to the online health portal which enables you to make the most of full access to an encyclopedia of health information
- Refer a Friend Scheme – get up to £500 for referring a carer and £1000 for referring a nurse to us
- We are a Wagestream employer, this enables you to keep track of your earnings, have instant access to 40% of wages already earned and access guidance to help with financial wellbeing.
If you have the skills and experience needed please click ‘APPLY’ or call the recruitment team on 01206 224188
In order to protect both our staff and our residents, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), it is a requirement that all new employees have a Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencing with Caring Homes Group, and that they continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.