Job title: Health and Safety AdministratorLocation: Woodley House, Aylesbury
Our Vision: To be the go–to provider, delivering great care every day
• People enjoy high quality care, where their needs are met by capable and responsive employees.
• All services are safe and compliant with regulation and legislation.
• Services are financial sustainable, cost effective and efficient.
• We will provide flexible support that anticipates demands from both public sector and private customers in the future
About the Role:
The main purpose of the job is to support the Health and Safety Manager in maintaining the smooth running of the Health & Safety function, ensuring and maintaining compliance with legislation, policy and practice.
Principle tasks will include:
· To ensure the smooth working of the Health and Safety compliance function – managing the statutory documentation in our services along with health and safety planned preventative maintenance.
· Liaising with landlords and contractors to ensure that health and safety documentation is available, current and that any actions identified from servicing or inspections is followed through to completion within an acceptable timeframe.
· To bring to the attention of the Health and Safety Manager any possible statutory breaches.
· Support the Health and Safety Manager with any related duties that may be required.
· Promote health and safety in the workplace.
· Complete health and safety checks at Woodley House e.g. fire alarm testing.
· Completing audits to ensure that remedial work has been completed to the correct standard
· Provide robust data analysis of all service statutory documentation.
· Collating and disseminating information for the Health and Safety Manager
· Extract key data from the Radar system to ensure detailed reports with the Trust KPI’s
· Removing corrupted data.
· Up–dating in–house information.
· Actively promote the service and the Trust by clear, respectful and helpful communication with all landlords, contractors, visitors as well as Fremantle colleagues.
· Contribute to the success of the whole staff team by respecting colleagues and participating in team meetings and communications systems.
· Undertaking other duties consistent with the objectives of the post and within the general level of responsibility entailed.
You will have;
· Good numeracy, literacy and IT skills
· Flexible and approachable with a positive attitude, even under pressure
· Previous experience of working in an administrative role
· Experience of managing data
· Experience of communicating at all levels
· Excellent written and communication skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· A methodical and logical approach.
· The ability to plan work and meet deadlines.
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Interpersonal skills
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Full UK Driving licence
What you will receive from us:
• A generous holiday entitlement, which increases after 3 years’ service!
• Lifestyle discount vouchers, including money off holidays, food, fashion, and sport
• lifetime benefits; Life assurance, pension
• Support and Career development
• Excellent company culture
Established since 1992, we’re a charity and not–for–profit organisation that provides care and support for older people and adults with learning disabilities. Today, we have 1500 staff supporting over 1,100 residents at services across Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, and Milton Keynes.
As a care provider we have a duty of care to our service users and employees to ensure we operate in a safe environment. To ensure we comply with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (“the Regulations”), you will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid–19 unless clinically exempt.
From time to time we may require you to take part in other mandatory health testing and health vaccination programmes.
All Fremantle staff must understand and actively participate in the Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity policies and procedures to ensure that people who use services, other staff and stakeholders are safe and respected in Fremantle services
If you wish to gain any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the recruitment team on 0333 400 1020.