Job Title: Maintenance Assistant
Contracted Hours: Part–time
Pay–Rate: £12.33 per hour
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Here at Friends of the Elderly, we’re looking for a passionate Maintenance Assistant to join our team on a part–time basis with great flexibility on shift times and more!
Why work for us?
We’re proud to say many of our staff have been with us for more than 10 years and some for more than 20. We are committed to investing in our teams, which is why we offer a great list of employee benefits specifically with you in mind:
· Working for a charity that puts people at the heart of what we do
· A care home rated ‘Good’ by CQC
· Excellent training and clear career development pathways
· Retail discounts – save money and earn points at over 3,500 retailers
· Recommend–a–friend scheme – earn £250 for each referral
· Long service awards
· Health Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Programme
What are the duties?
· Keep our home safe and comfortable at all times
· Carry out repairs, maintenance and improvements throughout the home
· Monitor and report on the home’s health and safety and more
· Inspect the building’s safety, including fire alarms and gas safety checks
· Attend weekly meetings with senior members of staff
What skills do I need?
You will have previously worked in a similar environment, with strong knowledge of health and safety. You will have good written skills and be able to take the initiative within your daily tasks. We’ll provide you all the outstanding training and tools that you need; all we ask is a willingness to learn and a genuine enthusiasm to encourage others to live their lives to the full.
What is the home like?
The Retired Nurses National Home (RNNH) is a purpose build residential care home.
Friends of the Elderly has been supporting and caring for older people since 1905. Over a century later, Friends of the Elderly is working to ensure that all older people have the opportunity to live fulfilled and respected lives.
Apply online today or call our friendly recruitment team on 0300 369 0552 for more information.
Friends of the Elderly is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We require all staff joining Friends of the Elderly to have received or be in the process of getting their COVID–19 vaccination. This is to support the protection of our staff, our residents and wider staffing teams.