Are you currently working within a senior position and looking for an opportunity to develop?
The Heights are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager within the home.
About the role
The main purpose of the job is to provide leadership and management in the day–to–day operations of the home ensuring high quality care and support is delivered in a person centred way for the people who use the service.
Day–to–day, you’ll support the Home Manager to ensure effective care and support systems are in place and that we operate in a fully compliant way. You will also be involved in assisting with recruitment campaigns, performance management of staff, and developing strong relationships with governing bodies and third parties. Above all, you’ll see that every member of the team is focused on providing the very best customer care.
The Heights, was designed and built to enable effective delivery of specialist nursing care and there is a nursing unit on each wing. The home provides a bright, safe and modern living environment, with 75 individual rooms. There is plenty of communal and outdoor space, so everyone can get involved in the varied and stimulating programme of activities available. Personal items can be brought from home and added to individual rooms to give that home from home feel.
• Ensure Fremantle’s care and support systems are effectively operated and lead to
positive outcomes for people who use services. To take service lead in specialist
practice areas as identified by the service manager
• Monitor, audit and review the service, taking appropriate remedial action where
• Demonstrate high professional standards and leadership and actively participate in
the duty shift rota.
• Ensure Fremantle’s policies and procedures, legal requirements and relevant
codes of practice are implemented and complied with at all times.
• Fully participate in the marketing tasks to ensure optimum occupancy.
• Support the service manager in the effective recruitment, performance
management and training of staff.
• Support the service manager to achieve key targets as outlined in the annual
service development plan.
• Ensure environmental standards are maintained, liaising with maintenance
contractors, corporate facility management and housing associations.
• Promote the service and Fremantle through effective communication with other
organisations, Fremantle stakeholders such as people who use services, staff,
relatives, medical and social care professionals, the regulator staff and the local
• Ensure that all staff have a focus on excellent customer care to enhance the lives
of people who use our services and Fremantle’s reputation.
• Any other duties consistent with the business of Fremantle, the job, and hours of
work as may reasonably be required.
In return we offer:
Our vision is to be the ‘go–to’ provider, delivering great care every day.
Our values are embedded across the organisation and at The Fremantle Trust we are proud to:
For more information why not get in touch? Call our Recruitment Team on 0333 400 1020 or apply online.
Established since 1992, we’re a charity and not–for–profit organisation that provides care and support for older people and adults with learning disabilities. Today, we have 1500 staff supporting over 1,100 residents at services across Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, and Milton Keynes.
As a care provider we have a duty of care to our service users and employees to ensure we operate in a safe environment. To ensure we comply with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 ("the Regulations"), you will need to be fully vaccinated against Covid–19 unless clinically exempt.
From time to time we may require you to take part in other mandatory health testing and health vaccination programmes.
All Fremantle staff must understand and actively participate in the Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Equality and Diversity policies and procedures to ensure that people who use services, other staff and stakeholders are safe and respected in Fremantle services.
This could be the best job you ever do – so what are you waiting for?