Job Title: Assistant Team Leader
Hours: 39 hours
Shift Patterns: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm with occasional weekends
Salary: £20,912.05 per annum
Location/Postcode: DA14 5BT– Kent
Driving License: Desirable
Choice Support are proud to be one of a few social care charities recognised as a Great Place to Work.
We are a national charity supporting people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health needs, putting people at the centre of everything we do, creating opportunities for happiness.
We are currently looking to recruit a Support Worker for our service in the Kent area.
Daily Duties Can Include:
- To support staff in preparing, agreeing and reviewing support plans and risk assessments
- To identify and address barriers to community inclusion, supporting individuals to improve their own physical and mental wellbeing
- To ensure service users are supported to access community–based activities, to promote independence and confidence in the community.
- To market the services to purchasers, partner organisations and referring agencies, using a variety of methods including developing promotional materials and visits.
- To ensure staff are aware of and implement safeguarding policies and procedures in accordance with best practice and Choice Support policy and procedures
- To ensure all staff are complying with required legislation and contract requirements
- To support the Team Leader with staff supervisions.
- To check individual documentation is regularly updated, read and understood by all staff members
- To maintain confidentiality and respect the dignity and privacy of individuals in line with Choice Support policies and procedures
- To support the Team Leader with performance issues in accordance with Choice Support policy and procedure
- To liaise with partner agencies as required
- To have a working understanding of the Mental Capacity Act as appropriate
- To ensure familiarity with and understanding of the requirements of the organisation’s health and safety policies and procedures and support the Team Leader to ensure that all Health and Safety standards are reflected in work practice
To ensure that all staff supervised follow safe working practices at all times
To report and assist with any investigations into accidents or incidents and draw up an action plan to prevent any recurrence
- To work within the services budgets
To support the Team Leader with session planning. Deploying staff as necessary to ensure the needs of the individuals are met
- To be able to solve complex problems and develop management recommendations in consultation with the Team Leader.
To manage resources creatively and effectively to make best use of all allocated budgets.
- To support the Team Leader update databases, including Recordbase, Lili and Webroster
- To promote professionalism and effective communication
- To maintain an overview of the support that is being provided to each individual.
To listen and offer support to members of the staff team, to support decisions being made by individuals, considering individual aspirations
- To advocate for individuals on a day–to–day basis and promote self–advocacy as appropriate
- To be responsible for running of the services in the absence of the Team Leader.
- To report concerns to Team Leader and Senior Co–ordinator as appropriate
You will have QCF or equivalent NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care , or working towards this.
Willingness to complete further training.
- A thorough understanding of the values and principles of Choice Support
- Understanding of the challenges faced by people with varying learning disabilities and a commitment to supporting people to achieve their aspirations and improve wellbeing
- A thorough understanding of safeguarding issues and procedures, including the Mental Health Act/DoLs and an ability to implement the
- A working knowledge of current legislation and best practice in terms of social policy, wellbeing and personalisation
What can we offer you in return?
Company Benefits Include:
- Full Company induction and training
- Excellent Training and Career progression
- Fully paid for DBS
- Discounted Shopping Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
If you would like an informal chat about any of our roles, you can contact us on Choicesupport@cohesionrecruitment.com OR 0121 713 6941. Our offices are open Monday–Friday 9am–5:30pm!
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Choice Support has been awarded the Bronze Employer Recognition Scheme Award and have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant – https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/support–and–advice/businesses/
Our commitment to diversity: We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and taking action to address inequality. We particularly welcome applications from anyone who is from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background, anyone who considers themselves to have a disability and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Choice Support is Disability Confident which is a scheme run by the Department of Work and Pensions. As part of our commitment we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme – all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.