Job Role: Care Assistant
Pay Rate: £8.94 per hour
Location: Walmer House, Torquay, TQ1
With almost 100 years of experience we want to share our success with you! Do you want to be part of our kind and caring team and continue our legacy?
Why Keychange Charity?
It may be that you share our values of providing loving care of the highest standard, it could be that we’re an adaptable charity which has responded to the demands of a rapidly changing society for almost 100 years, or it could be that you too believe that care is only as good as the people providing it, and want to be part of our journey – whatever your reason for choosing Keychange, we know you’ll love working with us!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits from:
· Six weeks paid holiday (including bank holidays)
· Paid breaks
· Pension contribution (if requirements are met)
· Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) – based on Government published requirements
· Keychange Sick Pay – up to 4 weeks (after qualifying period & claim requirements are met)
· Bank holiday pay (if worked) – x2 (double time plus the day off included in the 6 weeks paid holiday)
· Overtime – this will be offered based on the needs of the service and paid at usual rate of pay.
About the service:
Walmer House is a first class care home based in Torquay which prides itself on excellent reputation, with core values of compassion and respect; a homely, residential care home offering support to elderly residents, some of whom are living with dementia.
About the Role:
Being a Care Assistant with Keychange, you will:
· Assist the people we support with day to day living tasks;
· Encourage the people we support to live as independently as possible.
· Helping the people we support to take part in activities;
· Maintain an environment that is appropriate to the needs of the people we support.
Our great training, development, and support, means that we don’t require you to have experience. What we do ask is that you are happy to put the needs of others first, that you believe in treating everyone as equals and have a kind and caring nature.
So, if you’re passionate about creating caring communities, then apply today!
Apply online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our recruitment team on 0121 713 8346 for more information.
Keychange is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
A fully enhanced DBS will be required for successful candidates.
We require all staff joining Keychange Charity to have received their COVID–19 vaccination.