Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role which offers plenty of work/life balance? Are you considering a career in Care and want to work with a growing Company?
Aspirations are looking for new team members who are upbeat, energetic and passionate and are able to support individuals within the community to enjoy a fulfilling and independent life.
As a Support Worker, you will be working as part of an amazing team providing support for individuals with learning disabilities, mental health issues and autism.
On a typical day you will be;
- Helping with the challenges of everyday life such as dressing, washing and cooking.
- Participate in hobbies like getting fit at the gym, trips out to the cinema, going to theme parks and even going on holiday!
- Encourage our people to live an independent life within their own home and the local community.
- Administer medication as required.
- Complete daily care plans.
- Ensure safeguarding responsibilities are met and to protect the Adults rights to live safely and free from abuse or neglect.
- We are ideally looking for someone with previous experience of supported living or from a health and social care setting.
- You may have also had exposure to the skills and knowledge that we are looking for through caring for loved ones or through voluntary work.
- Passionate about care and want to make a difference
- A positive and caring nature
- Energetic and understanding
- Have an outgoing personality and happy to be out and about most of the time
- Ability to handle sometimes difficult situations and be resilient.
- A good sense of humour
- Holding a full, clean driving license would be advantageous.
- Full and comprehensive training programme, including the Care Certificate
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Opportunities to take NVQ Level 2 and 3
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Optional overtime
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Flexible shift work
- Full and part-time hours considered
At Aspirations we value all colleagues, regardless of age. We are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers and have no set retirement age.
Aspirations is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitability qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable adults that we support and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure