Job Title: Day Care Assistant
Contracted Hours: Bank
Salary/Pay Rate: £10.07 per hour
Location: Woking, Surrey
Will you promote wellbeing, strive for excellence, treat people with respect, and keep everyone safe? If the answer is yes, look no further.
Why work for us?
We’re proud to say many of our staff have been with us for more than 10 years and some for more than 20. We are committed to investing in our teams, which is why we offer a great list of employee benefits specifically with you in mind:
· A charity that puts people at the heart of what we do
· Excellent training and clear career development pathways
· Retail discounts – save money and earn points at over 3,500 retailers
· Recommend–a–friend scheme – earn £250 for each referral
· Long service awards
· Health Cash Plan & Employee Assistance Programme
What are the duties?
· To ensure each and every service users’ physical and social needs are met within a
day service setting.
· Lead and encourage service users to participate in activities
· Assist service users with personal care and additional support
· Escort service users to and from the day service according to their needs e.g wheelchair pushing
· To assist the manager in the implementation of daily activities.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for prior care experience. You will need to be passionate about supporting our service users. We’ll provide you all the outstanding training and tools that you need; all we ask is a willingness to learn and a genuine enthusiasm to encourage others to live their lives to the full.
What is the service like?
Friends of the Elderly Day Care Woking has a wide range of daily activities on offer to suit peoples interests and preferences. We provides exceptional care and support for people with dementia through daily planned activities, special events, and more. We have a fantastic team and you’ll receive great support and guidance from your peers and management team.
Friends of the Elderly has been supporting and caring for older people since 1905. Over a century later, Friends of the Elderly is working to ensure that all older people have the opportunity to live fulfilled and respected lives.
Apply online today or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our friendly recruitment team on 0300 369 0552 for more information.
Friends of the Elderly is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
We would prefer all staff joining Friends of the Elderly to have received or be in the process of getting their COVID–19 vaccination. This is to support the protection of our staff, our residents and wider staffing teams.