Job Title: Staff Nurse
Contract: Permanent and Fixed Term Contract Available (including 3 months, 6 months, 12 months)
Hours: Days or Nights Available
Salary: £17.42 per hour (equivalent to £18.97 per hour as you get paid for all breaks) plus weekend unsocial hours payment and increasing with service
Location: Highfield House, Purley
Are you a nurse currently working on the front line in ICU or an acute setting and feeling exhausted?
You may even be thinking of leaving nursing altogether because it has taken such a toll on you over the last year.
If this is how you are feeling, let us help you get back to being you. Let us show you why Nurses just like you have joined us recently knowing there is another way.
Fairlie Healthcare can offer you:
· Our sincere gratitude for the hard work you have put in over the past year, that you always have and continue to do.
· The opportunity to come and work in a steady focused calm environment whilst still practicing and maintaining your technical acute clinical skills.
· Time to develop relationships with the people you are caring for.
· Support to you emotionally and mentally, giving you the chance to breathe and readjust and regain your passion and love of nursing.
Fairlie Healthcare has over 20 years’ experience and are a leading provider of nursing care to people living with complex physical and neurological conditions. We operate three 45–bed homes in the South London and Surrey area; Fairlie House located in West Norwood, Highfield House, located in Purley and our brand–new home Woodstown House in Banstead, Surrey. Our specialist homes are recognized as centres of excellence and have achieved the highest rating of ‘Outstanding’ from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
If you’d like to explore a different side to Nursing, we know you’ll love then contact our recruitment team to find out more.
What we ask for:
· RGN/Adult trained nurse with active UK NMC registration.
· Degree in Nursing (Adult).
· Ideally you will have prior nursing experience from an acute background and be used to caring for patients with acute clinical requirements.
· Prior acute clinical nursing skills (e.g., Trach, Vent, TPN, Pegs, Catheters).
· Awareness of CQC regulatory requirements.
· Ability to communicate effectively across all levels and with a wide MDT.
In return we can offer you the following outstanding range of benefits:
· Accommodation available (£500–£650 per month).
· Salary of £17.42 per hour (equivalent to £18.97 per hour as you get paid for all breaks)
· Weekend unsocial hours payments 50p per hour extra.
· One and a half times basic hourly rate of pay for working bank holidays and double the basic hourly rate of pay for Christmas Day or New Year’s Day.
· Opportunity to work day shifts or night shifts only.
· Welcoming and friendly supportive team.
· Calm focused and gentle working environment.
· Permanent or fixed term contract available (any contract length considered).
· 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata or part time for FTC).
· Auto–enrolment pension scheme.
· Free meals when on duty.
· Free parking.
· Free uniform.
· Paid DBS.
· Support with NMC revalidation.
· Interest free season ticket loan.
· · Minibus pick up service available for Highfield House and Woodstown House from key pick up points
· Allocated time for CPD.
· Clinical skills specialised updates available.
· Clinical and management competency–based program to support nurse development and structured career progression.
· Continuous development opportunities, including sponsorship for professional and academic qualifications.
· Opportunities for conferences and presentations/publications.
· Occupational Health Service including provision of recommended vaccinations.
· Employee Assistance Programme 24/7 including counseling session if required.
· £1 extra per hour after 5 years’ service.
· Refer a friend scheme.
As the Company provides care services to vulnerable adults, we expect new staff to be vaccinated against COVID–19 to protect themselves, our residents and our other staff, or to agree to be vaccinated after starting work. However, we make exceptions for those who cannot have the vaccine for medical reasons or due to a protected characteristic under the Equality Act 2010*. Any exemptions from vaccination will be discussed at interview stage and considered on a case–by–case basis.
*There are nine protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or philosophical belief, sex, and sexual orientation.