Job Title: Children’s Residential Support Worker
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
Pay Rate/Salary: Starting at £9.93 per hour / £19,354 per annum
Location: Cheadle Hulme
Join us in making a positive impact into the lives of the young and the adults that we support. Could you be the one to make this change? Always with their care at the heart.
At the Together Trust, our vision is a society where people thrive because they are valued within their communities. Today we’re proud to be one of the North West’s leading disability charities.
As part of your role, your duties will include:
- Building positive relationships with the young people and children we support.
- Working alongside our existing team, offering a diverse range of exciting and varied activities – bring your hobbies to work!
- Supporting with day to day living tasks such as housekeeping, cooking and cleaning.
- Completing paperwork and report writing using our systems which we provide training to use.
Why work for us?
Together we work hard, enjoy our jobs, and support each other. We offer excellent rewards and wellbeing-based benefits:
- We are proud to be a real living wage employer and offer incremental pay progression
- 27 days annual leave rising incrementally based on years in service
- 25% hourly enhanced pay for weekend shifts worked
- Occupational sick pay and family friendly policies
- Company pension plan with 7% employer contribution
- Comprehensive training and continuing development opportunities
- Long service awards including cash gifts and extra holiday
- Mental Health First Aiders offering support from trained colleagues, and free mental health support through Able Futures
- Support and advice for health, life, money and work through Lifeworks
- Access to health plans where you can subscribe to claim towards therapy, dental etc. through Simply Health
- Flexible working and lone working policies
- Free online classes e.g. yoga and sewing and many more
- A range of discounts and cycle to work scheme
To be considered for the role, you will need to:
- Be 22 years of age or older due to the nature of our services.
- Ideally hold a full manual driving licence in order to drive our vehicles.
- Be able to work flexibly across varying shifts, including weekends.
- Be able to engage, listen and communicate in a variety of ways and demonstrate emotional resilience.
- Always reflect our values of being positive, professional, passionate and supportive.
Don’t worry if you don’t have any previous experience! Our excellent training, development and support will make sure you have everything you need to do the very best in your role.
Apply online today, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 8321 for more information.
Together Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age. These roles are exempt from the Equality Act (2010) due to the nature of our services and regulation.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.