Are you looking to spend more time caring for your client one-to-one? At Oxford Aunts, we offer Professional Carers great rewards for providing high quality live-in-care to older adults in their own homes. With the flexibility of working shifts up to and beyond 10 weeks to suit your lifestyle, you can maximise your earnings while providing the best possible care.
We look after our Carers:
- Great rates of pay – you could earn up to £10,416 for 12 weeks of work
- Generous rest time in placement - 26 hours of paid breaks per week
- Free induction training with opportunities to further develop your knowledge through our ongoing training courses
- Free accommodation in our dedicated carer house during training
- Local 24/7 support from our experienced team
- Free DBS check
- Free, confidential telephone line (Employee Assistance Programme)
- We offer longer placements which enable you to spend more time building a meaningful relationship with the person you care for and that give you flexibility to fit your work pattern around your lifestyle choices
Your life-changing work will involve:
Living with our clients, providing companionship and support with personal care, domestic tasks and housekeeping (cooking, washing, ironing, vacuuming etc.) so our clients can live well in their own homes.
You will have the opportunity to support people living with a variety of conditions, enabling you to further develop your skills and knowledge. All placements are within 70 miles of Oxford, so you must be able to travel to your client placement
What you’ll need:
- Hands-on professional care experience and the confidence to work independently. You may have worked as a live-in carer, domiciliary carer, care assistant, support worker, healthcare assistant or similar.
- Good communication skills and ability to maintain clear and accurate records
- To be reliable, compassionate and enthusiastic
- Experience of working under pressure and staying calm in difficult situations
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- As this is a live-in position you will need to commit to living with your client for a minimum of 10-12 weeks at a time, although many of our Carers choose to stay in their placements for longer periods before having an extended break
- You must be flexible to travel to your client placement
- Due to increased demand, we are currently only accepting applications from vaccinated or exempt carers
Providing quality care in people’s homes since 1967, Oxford Aunts is run by a team of experienced care professionals and is part of Sodexo and The Good Care Group.