Job Title: Clinical Lead (RGN)
Hours: 39 hours per week (Flexibility around days/hours worked available)
Salary: Starting at £44,555 per annum
Location: Lavender Court, Taunton TA1
Somerset Care is one of the major care providers in Southern England, and one of the largest not-for-profit care companies in the UK. As an award-winning company, it’s no surprise that we put our customers at the heart of what we do, by listening to, and understanding their wishes.
Our Care Home teams deliver day care, respite care, dementia care, residential, nursing care, and end of life care. We champion the independence of our residents and encourage them to live their lives as they choose.
We are looking for a passionate and confident Clinical Lead Nurse (RGN qualified) to join us and lead the nursing floor at Lavender Court, in Taunton. Lavender Court is a modern care home providing accommodation for older people with residential, nursing and dementia care needs, and situated close to the centre of the market town of Taunton.
Why work for us?
We really care about all of our staff and offer a range of excellent benefits:
- Competitive salary - £38,000 - £43,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- We are able to offer some flexibility around days and hours worked as long as able to work occasional weekends
- Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day paid at Double Time, all other bank holidays time and a half
- Opportunities to progress and develop your clinical leadership and management skills
- Excellent training and support available via our learning and development team and access to our The Hub online learning platform
- We are an established and award-winning care provider
- We have partnered with Wagestream so you can access your earned wages before payday
- My Caring Rewards - provides access to discounts at 1000’s of high street retailers. Make My Caring Rewards a part of the way you shop and you could save on average £1,000 per year
- Somerset Care Group Awards - recognising those who have gone above and beyond
- Cycle to Work scheme - you can save up to 40% off the cost of a new bike and accessories
- Pension scheme & life assurance
- Free counselling service - 24-hour helpline for staff and their families
- Return to work maternity bonus of £100
- Fully paid induction and DBS paid by Somerset Care
In order to be considered for the role, you will need to:.
- Be a Registered Nurse (RGN qualified) with a valid UK NMC pin
- Possess strong clinical skillset and confidence to lead the nursing floor
- Ideally have prior management experience or experience of leading a small team
- Ability to make clinical decisions and remain calm under pressure
- Passionate about promoting best nursing practice and able to train, support and mentor others
- Be a great professional role model
- Be a good listener, adaptable and sensitive, with a desire to encourage positive working relationships
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a good working knowledge of audits, safeguarding, DOLS, CQC, compliance
- Be aligned to our values of connecting with people, making a difference, doing the right thing, and embracing change.
Apply online today, email email@example.com, or call our friendly recruitment team on 0121 713 6944 for more information.
Somerset Care Group is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.