Job Title: Enterprise Assistant
Shift Patterns: Core hours– 9am–4pm
Salary: £9.80 per hour
Location/Postcode: CT6, Kent
Driving License: Essential
Choice Support are proud to be one of a few social care charities recognised as a Great Place to Work.
We are a national charity supporting people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health needs, putting people at the centre of everything we do, creating opportunities for happiness.
We are currently looking to recruit a Engagement Assistant for our service in the Kent area.
Experience is not essential to be considered for our role, as long as you have a genuine passion for supporting people, you can be considered! Here at Choice Support we value people for who they are and believe that with the right support everyone can live the life they choose.
Daily Duties Can Include:
• Helping the people we support to learn new skills
• Assisting with activities throughout the day
• Ensuring the people we support are encourage to reach their full potential
• Supporting individuals in the company van to deliver customer orders
• To work with individuals to create and maintain their personal documentation, risk assessments and support plans To provide support and supervision to Relief Support Workers.
• To be aware of and implement safeguarding procedures on a day–to–day basis, ensuring adherence to Choice Support policy.
• To follow best practice in the development of social enterprises, using Choice Support’s Social Enterprise guide and Social Firms UK values base.
• To recognise barriers to enterprise development, job retention and employment, identifying and demonstrating appropriate solutions.
Company Benefits Include:
• Discounted Shopping Vouchers
• Life Assurance
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• Career Progression
• Recommend a friend/family member referral scheme
If you would like an informal chat about any of our roles, you can contact us on 0121 713 6941. Our offices are open Monday–Friday 9am–5:30pm!
We look forward to reviewing your application!
Choice Support has been awarded the Bronze Employer Recognition Scheme Award and have signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant – https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/support–and–advice/businesses/
Our commitment to diversity: We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and taking action to address inequality. We particularly welcome applications from anyone who is from a black, Asian or minority ethnic background, anyone who considers themselves to have a disability and members of the LGBTQ+ community.
Choice Support is Disability Confident which is a scheme run by the Department of Work and Pensions. As part of our commitment we operate a Guaranteed Interview Scheme – all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role will be guaranteed an interview.
While Covid19 vaccinations are no longer mandatory, Choice Support still recognises the vaccine to be the best line of defence against Covid 19. Some of our services still require staff to be fully vaccinated – the position which you are applying for is one of those services and applications will only be accepted from candidates who are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.