Bupa Elm Grove Care HomeSomerford Road, Cirencester GL7 1TXCQC Rating - Good
At Elm Grove we provide specialist support for those living with dementia. Our home is split into two areas, one for nursing dementia care and one for residential dementia.
Our hours are flexible, so we make shifts work around your life and your commitments
£10.25 - £11.89 per hour, plus £500 Welcome Bonus
We also offer a refer a friend Bonus Scheme
Special care takes special people
As a Senior Care Assistant, we understand how crucial your role is to our Home. Not only driving a team of Care Assistants that deliver high quality, personal care to our residents, but also inspiring, developing, and nurturing them to be their best every day. You'll be motivated, positive and with great interpersonal skills, and you enjoy working in a close-knit team. You're pivotal in running a unit, working with the Nurse to aid with clinical duties for the Home.
You'll have completed / working towards an NVQ3 in care. We're more than happy to support Care Assistants ready for a more Senior position by supporting you in the completion of your qualification if needed. You'll have previous experience of the role and knowledge of its rewards and challenges. Just as importantly, you will also have a passion for making a real difference to people's lives, giving them the kindness, personalised support and dignity they need.
We'll train you on all aspects of our new digital care, which is transforming how we work, making things easier and letting you focus on clinical excellence and care for our residents. And as healthcare experts for over 75 years, we're committed to continually training you in the social care developments you need to do your job, learning from some of the best people in the industry. It's an exciting time to be with us.
No day is the same, but it will include:
The added benefits of Bupa
Day-to-day responsibility for running a unit
Supporting with clinical duties, including supporting the nurse to observe, issue medication, review care plans and accurate record keeping
Driving and managing a team of Care Assistants, including responsible for all shift handovers of the teams
- Helping with training and supervision of new staff members so they feel welcomed and supported
- Building relationships with residents, their families and external teams such as GPs and District Nurses
- Assisting residents with a range of personal care duties
As a Bupa employee you will also enjoy:
- 28 days holiday
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development and access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- Health Insurance through Cash plan (after 18 months' service) giving you the ability to claim on everyday treatments like dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Health & wellbeing tools including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts
- Wagestream - Access your income before pay day, if and when you need it
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.