|Activity Co-ordinatorRichmond VillagesRichmond Letcombe Regis, South Street, Letcombe Regis, Oxfordshire, OX12 9RG
Providing more than just retirement living, Richmond Villages offer an aspirational lifestyle to our residents and our first-class accommodation requires a first-class activities programme. As an Activity Co-ordinator at Richmond Village Letcombe, you'll work alongside our Head of Activities, getting to know our residents and delivering events that truly enrich their lives and ensure they stay connected with the village community.Working hours and salary£9.85ph Plus Excellent BenefitsFlexible working opportunities: 'Just let us know what hours you would like, and we'll work with you to endeavour to create shift patterns that work for you around the needs of our residents'.What your typical day involves
Who we're looking for
- Identifying suitable activities for our residents through assessment, observation and discussion, ensuring you maintain accurate records
- Liaising with our residents, relatives, friends and other colleagues, you'll ensure you have a good understanding of resident's interests, abilities and difficulties and encourage participation in activities
- Assisting the Head of Activities in planning special events at the village such as garden parties, musical events and day trips, ensuring all activities are carried out within the agreed budget and accurate financial records are maintained
- Assisting residents with letter writing, shopping and reading, encouraging the pursuit of individual hobbies.
- Ensuring the activities programme is regularly updated and advertised within the village, including events within the local community
It's essential you have a full, clean UK driving licence along with experience organising events, it would be advantageous if you have experience working with the elderly and/or vulnerable. With a positive attitude, you have the ability to motivate residents using your energy and great sense of humour. Empathetic and friendly in your approach, you'll have no problem building long lasting professional relationships with colleagues, residents, their families and members of the local community.What we'll offer you in return
- Free hot meal provided per shift
- Access to our spa facilities including gym classes and the swimming pool
- potential to provide transport to and from work based on individual circumstances and subject to an assessment
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Paid breaks
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where Healthroster is used.Who we are
Situated just 2 miles from the picturesque market town of Wantage and close to the beautiful University City of Oxford, Richmond Letcombe Regis is easily accessible from the M4 motorway.
The small Oxfordshire village of Letcombe Regis c1086 is nestled at the foot of the Berkshire Downs and close to Lambourn, often referred to as 'The Valley of the Racehorse' and famous as the second largest centre of racehorse training in England.
For over 20 years Richmond have been at the forefront of luxury retirement living. We're proud that we attract the best people and even prouder of how long they stay with us. Having won numerous awards for architecture, landscaping and care, we are now the benchmark for retirement villages in the UK. A totally fresh concept in retirement living, we ensure our residents retain as much independence and choice as possible while helping retain their 'zest for life'.Richmond Villages is part of Bupa. Bupa is committed to ensuring that every applicant is accessed for employment, promotion and development solely based on personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world. Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our peopleHere you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.Please note, this role is not at or above RQF Level 3 and therefore is ineligible for sponsorship under the UK's Points Based Immigration System.