Deputy Manager (Clinical)
Burley Hall Care Home, Cornmill Lane, Burley-in-Wharfdale, West Yorkshire LS29 7DP
This is taking the lead. At Bupa Care Homes, it's our privilege to care for people - treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. To do this, we need to support and champion our teams to make a positive difference, that's why we're looking for a Deputy Manager to lead our team at Burley Hall Care Home in Burley-in-Wharfdale.
Working hours and salary
£ 16.91 - £20.19
What your typical day involves
- You'll oversee and assist all aspects of nursing care/activities within the home
- With the help of your team you'll create and update individual care plans for our residents, maintaining clear, accurate and up-to-date medication records
- It's imperative that the correct staffing levels are maintained through efficient management of rotas, you'll ensure adequate staffing is always maintained within the home
- Drawing on your clinical experience, you'll provide day to day support and guidance to the team - promoting our residents' independence, choice and dignity
- You'll build lasting relationships with the residents and the people they care about, as well as caring about the home itself - fostering a sense of community
- Creating and developing strong relationships with local partners, you will liaise with these partners, playing an important role in raising the care home's profile in the local area and beyond
Who we're looking for
- A Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin and a genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- With a real understanding of the benefits that the right nursing care can bring to resident's lives, you'll champion independence, choice and dignity by delivering the highest quality care to our residents
- You'll possess up-to-date knowledge of tissue viability, infection control and care planning
- An effective communicator who's able to build strong and honest relationships with residents and their families
- You're a natural leader, someone who's ready to share their clinical experience - leading and mentoring a team, able to delegate effectively and promote excellent customer service and relationships
- Someone with excellent time management who can effectively prioritise their workload
- A respectful and compassionate team player with the belief in giving your personal best
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to the Bupa Nurse fellowship; joining a global community with scholarships up to £10,000, mentoring programmes, webinars, lectures and events
- Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- Paid breaks
- NMC annual pin payment reimbursed
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes and retirement villages in the health and social care sector, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.