Service name : Swan House Care Home
Location : Winslow, Buckinghamshire - MK18
Salary : £9.50 per hour
Hours : 30hrs per week
Our Activity Organiser will need:
· To organise and carry out physical, occupational, recreational and educational activities to meet the needs of older people.
· To plan and implement programmes of activities both within the Home and outside and to maintain a record of activities for each Service user.
· To undertake all statutory training and all other training as identified in supervision, Personal Development Plans or as instructed by the Line Manager.
· To provide emotional support as required by the service users.
· To be available to provide activities during the weekend and evenings as required.
· The postholder may be directed from time to time by the Manager or Deputy to carry out other duties and responsibility commensurate with his/her post, grade, knowledge and experience.
· Good team player
· Demonstrate experience of working with older people and those with special needs, e.g. sensory impairment, mental health needs
· Demonstrate a knowledge of organising and co-ordinating appropriate activities.
· Demonstrate a knowledge of monitoring and recording of activities for each service user.
· Good literacy, numerical and verbal skills. Good planning & time management skills
· Demonstrate an understanding of how discrimination may be experienced by minority groups due to disability, sex, age, ethnic origin or sexual orientation.
· Ability to work flexibly, responding to the needs of the service, ensuring that the home has 24 hour staff cover, 365 days of the year
ABOUT SERVICE –
Swan House care home is ideally situated in the heart of the community in Winslow.
INDBH: Want to take your first steps to join a new rewarding career? – Click apply
In order to protect both our staff and the people we support, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), it is a requirement that all new employees have a Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencing with Ambient Support, and that they continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.