Service Name: St. Audrey's Care Home
Location: Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL9
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hours: 24hrs per week
- Extensive access and support to recognised qualifications
- 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. This is inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Employee benefit discount scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Ambient Support is a registered UK charity with over 25 years’ experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.
Our Cook needs:
- Good cooking skills
- Ability to organise a catering environment
- Basic administrative skills
- Ability to supervise catering staff
- Basic nutrition knowledge
Knowledge on Food and Hygiene regulations
- Understanding of Health and Safety regulations including COSHH regulations
- Experience of HACCP Risk Assessments
- Good spoken communication skills in order to relate well to staff and service users
- Basic written communication skills in order to leave written instructions and to follow a stock control system
Must be able to demonstrate an understanding and awareness of Equality & Diversity.
- Ability to work flexibly, responding to the needs of the service, ensuring that the home has staff cover, 365 days of the year
- Capability of working in a position that requires manual handling tasks as a core requirement
St Audrey’s is a beautiful 19th Century Manor house and forms part of the Hatfield House Estate.
In order to protect both our staff and the people we support, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), it is a requirement that all new employees have a Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencing with Ambient Support, and that they continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.
INDBH - Want to take your first steps to join a new rewarding career? – Click apply