Care Support Worker
Service Name: Dora Matthews House
Location: Coleford, Gloucester GL16
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hours: 28hrs per week
- Extensive access and support to recognised qualifications
- 5.6 weeks (28.0 days pro rata for hours worked) annual leave per annum. No additional leave is given for bank holidays.
- Employee benefit discount scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
Ambient Support is a registered UK charity with over 25 years’ experience in providing care and support services for older people, people with a mental health need and people with a learning disability.
Our Care Support Worker needs:
- Empathy, caring and sensitivity to the needs of others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience of supporting adults in a care setting or in the community is desirable, however, is not essential, as we offer full training for all of our staff.
- Computer Literacy
- Car driver desirable but not essential
Our Care Support Worker’s duties will be:
- You will be supporting individuals to live the life they want within their community in which they live, to build positive relationships and to reach their potential
- Social and emotional support, either at home and/or in their local community
- Supporting service users with their personal care support including personal hygiene needs if required
- Support with their shopping, assist with budgeting
- Building/maintaining relationship with friends and family
- Household tasks including cooking, cleaning and laundry
- Going out for walks, meals and other activities that supported individuals may want to experience.
Dora Matthews House is an Extra Care service and offers luxury one and two bedroom apartments to the over 55’s who wish to live an independent life but may need some extra care and support at times.
In order to protect both our staff and the people we support, unless there are wholly exceptional reasons (which we will consider on an individual basis), it is a requirement that all new employees have a Covid-19 vaccination prior to commencing with Ambient Support, and that they continue to receive Covid-19 vaccinations as required and in accordance with public health guidance throughout their employment with us.
INDLM - Want to take your first steps to join a new rewarding career? – Click apply