Senior Activity Co-ordinator
Ardenlea Court Care Home, 39-41 Lode Lane, Bucknell Close, Solihull, B91 2AF
We know that family can come from anywhere. At Bupa Care Homes, it's our privilege to care for people - treating each resident as if they were part of our own family. Right now, we're looking for a creative and organised Senior Activity Coordinator to join our friendly team at Ardenlea Court Care Home, to help us be the positive difference to our resident's lives.
Working hours and salary
£9.70 - £10.67 per hour
Monday - Friday (Alternative Weekends) 8am-2pm / 8pm-2am,
Flexible working opportunities: From term time only, to set days/hours per week - we can offer a range of shift patterns that best fit around your lifestyle. Just let us know what hours you want, and we'll work with you to make sure you get the shift patterns that you're looking for.
What your typical day involves
- Running a morning and afternoon activity session. Activities are tailored to our residents but can include musical acts, days out, exercise classes, visitors from the community, arts and crafts, the possibilities are endless!
- Producing and updating an activity planner for the home, working to a set activities budget
- Supporting our residents and encouraging them to partake in activities
- Organising birthday surprises for our residents
- Ensuring everything is organised for planned activities, events, performers and co-ordinating days out
- Liaising with external companies and performers from the local community to organise days out/events at the home
- Assisting with breakfast, lunch and dinner duties (when necessary)
- Organising one to ones with our residents, this might involve reminiscing tools, puzzles, reading or just a cup of tea and a chat
- Updating paper work, care plans, activity notes and managing emails
- Supporting the home with their social media channels as required
Who we're looking for
You're a creative thinker with plenty of ideas, who can also manage budgets and maintain paperwork, effectively managing priorities as they arise. Wanting to make a real difference, you're interested in caring for others, sharing your sense of humour and spreading your infectious enthusiasm for making people's lives better. Whether it's motivating colleagues to support each activity or event, making links in the local area or even getting friends and family involved, you'll pack a lot of community spirit into everything you do.
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes and retirement villages in the health and social care sector, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.