Allington Court Care Home, Lye Lane, St Albans, AL2 3TN
It's the small things that can often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it's our privilege to care for people - supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we're looking for a caring and organised individual to join us as an Assistant Chef at Allington Court Care Home in St Albans to help us be the positive difference to our resident's lives.
Working hours and salary
£11.14 up to £12.37 per hour
Full time/part time and bank contracts available.
Flexible working opportunities: From term time only, to set days/hours per week - we can offer a range of shift patterns that best fit around your lifestyle. Just let us know what hours you want, and we'll work with you to make sure you get the shift patterns that you're looking for.
What your typical day involves
- Creating a varied and nutritional menu in line with dietary needs and preferences
- Training and managing the kitchen team in prepping, cooking and serving of food
- Managing all mandatory paperwork including: adhering to COSHH and HACCP guidelines, company policies and procedures, budgets, managing orders and deliveries
- Catering for special events or seasonal activities, such as summer fetes, Christmas parties and birthdays (as required)
Who we're looking for
A passion for cooking with previous experience working in a fresh food kitchen and relevant hygiene certificates. You want to create and deliver an excellent dining experience at each meal and make our residents feel at home. Open to new ideas, you'll have an innovative approach to cooking whilst always adhering to high standards. You'll enjoy communicating with others and you'll cherish the little moments with our residents, sharing your love of food with them.
What's in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- Cash plan (after 18 months' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes and retirement villages in the health and social care sector, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
And we have belief in you to help us achieve it.
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers.
Here you'll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve. You'll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.