Job Role: Support Worker
Hours: Part Time – 22.5 hours (3 days)
Pay Rate: £10.98 per hour
Location: Extra Care Supported Living, East Sussex, BN3
Do you want to work for a home rated good by CQC? Or, maybe it’s our holistic approach to Care and Support that caught your eye?
About the service:
St. Anne’s Apartments is an innovative service that opened in 2014 at 3e Lansdowne Road, Hove and more recently a second site in 2017 at 3c Lansdowne Road, Hove .
St Anne’s supports 14 people with learning disabilities, who live in a converted block of 7 flats in Hove and an additional block of 3 flats across the one site.
The ethos of Extra Care Supported Living is to promote maximum independence and community involvement, challenging people to develop new skills and confidence. The age range is diverse at St Anne’s but you would mostly be working with young people.
About the role:
Being a Support Worker, you will:
• Support individuals with Learning Disabilities;
• Encourage the people we support to reach their full potential;
• Maintain an environment that is appropriate to the needs of our service users;
• Be creative and resourceful, being able to think outside the box;
• Have a genuine passion for helping others.
Our great training, development, and support, means that we don’t require you to have experience.
What we do ask for, is that you share our vision that everyone should live life to the full, with their dignity respected, their independence supported, and uniqueness valued.
"On my first day I couldn’t believe this was work! It was a person we supports birthday & we went out for lunch to celebrate!" – current employee
Why Frances Taylor Foundation?
Everyone has their own reason for choosing the Frances Taylor Foundation. It could be the difference we make to the lives of those living with Learning Disabilities. It could be, that we are a diverse, modern, and dynamic provider of social care support, although rooted in the long history of an international Catholic Congregation. Or, it could be as a result of our continuous support, training and improvement into our workforce. Whatever your reason for choosing the Frances Taylor Foundation, we know you’ll love working with us!
We offer our employees a wide range of benefits from:
• 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
• Comprehensive Company Sick Pay scheme
• Training and Development
• Peoples Pension
• Employee Assistance Programme
• An opportunity to work with an innovative service, working amongst a dedicated staff team with adults with complex needs.
• Employee Introduction Scheme – successfully introduce a new employee and we will thank you with a £750 referral fee (T&Cs apply. c£500 after normal deductions.)
We celebrate difference, and we work for, and employ, people of any, or no faith. If you’re ready to start your career with the Frances Taylor Foundation, apply now!
Apply online today or email email@example.com or call our recruitment team on 0121 713 8335 for more information.
Frances Taylor Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.
A fully enhanced DBS will be required for successful candidates.
We require all staff joining The Frances Taylor Foundation to have received their COVID–19 vaccination.