Are you looking for a new role in a dementia friendly residential home?
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Night Care Assistant to join our team based at Gower Gardens. You will join us on a full time, permanent contract on 42 hours in return for a competitive salary of £11.73 per hour.
Black Country Care is the health and care division of Black Country Housing Group. Within Black Country Care, we have two residential care homes. One of them being Gower Gardens, which is located in Halesowen.
In return for joining us as our Senior Night Care Assistant we can offer a range of benefits including:
-Free Enhanced DBS
- Enhanced bank holiday rates
- Weekend enhancements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- We offer a wide variety of Health and Wellbeing benefits
Gower Gardens is a purpose built, dementia friendly home, offering the highest quality of residential care in a stylish and homely environment. The home provides 66 en-suite rooms across three floors, all furnished to the highest standard. There are a range of lounges and quiet rooms, so that individuals are able to enjoy a varied lifestyle. Within the home there is also a purpose built cinema room, on-site hairdressing facilities and a café area. Our aim is to provide the right care, tailored to meet residents’ individual needs and preferences. We want to support residents to maximise their independence.
The main purpose of the role is to work as an integral part of the caring team, delivering the highest standards of personalised care to residents, ensuring that everyone is treated with respect and dignity, and that individual’s rights to privacy, dignity, independence and choice are met in a safe environment.
Specific tasks of the role include, but are not limited to:
- To act as a care plan coordinator for residents, ensuring that these responsibilities are carried out in full
- To participate in the formulation and maintenance of individual care plans for resident’s
- Administer medication to residents as prescribed, accurately maintaining appropriate records for both
- To respect and maintain confidentiality of resident’s personal information at all times
- There is also a genuine occupational requirement for the post holder to be physically able to push wheelchairs and operate hoist mechanisms
Skills and Experience required if you want to become our Senior Night Care Assistant:
- Previous supervisory experience
- NVQ Level 3 or higher in Adult Health and Social Care
- Knowledge of supporting people with Dementia and age-related illnesses is essential
- An understanding of CQC Standards and Compliance
- Flexible and proactive approach to work, including weekends and bank holidays.
- The post holder will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure check and a six month probation period
- All staff will expected to follow our 4 values – Integrity, Positivity, Quality and Respect
If you would like to join us as our Senior Night Care Assistant please click ‘Apply’ now, we’d love to hear from you!
At BCHG we are proud to be an inclusive organisation and we are committed to equal opportunity and encouraged applications from candidates regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships."
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.