Hollies Care Home in Reading are currently seeking a Maintenance Person to join our team on a full time basis paying £11.50 per hour
Hollies Care Home is set in a rural village location with views over fields from the back of the home.
The village has its own local bakery, greengrocers, butchers and pub and is fortunate to have very close links with the local church “St Marys” who attend the home monthly for Holy Communion services.
A warm and homely atmosphere can be found in the Hollies lounges, one of them a reminiscence lounge and the other one a lovely peaceful “quiet lounge” which families enjoy booking for private functions. An activities coordinator ensures a full program of entertainment, with piano playing a favourite pastime, together with arts, crafts and quizzes.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
· General maintenance knowledge
· Communication skills
· Team player
· Clean driving licence/use of car
· Satisfactory Police/POVA check
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Willingness to train on current Health & Safety/Fire/EHO issues
· Preferred knowledge of heating systems, laundry & legal regulations
· Report and action any known to defects to appliances, damaged furniture/equipment and any other potential hazards. Inform Home Manager of actions taken.
· Clear signs, snow & grit the paths/steps.
· Cut grass & keep sheds, out buildings tidy.
· Keep records of fire test, call point checks, temperatures and adhere to company policies on daily/weekly & monthly checks.
· Driving duties as required.
· Ensure all equipment is clean, well maintained & replace is necessary or applicable.
· ‘On call’ for emergencies.
Here are some of the can benefits we can offer:
· Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
· 24 hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
Online discounted vouchers for several companies
· Opportunity for progression within the company
· Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
· On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams · Refer a friend scheme
Apply online today or contact the home on 01189 832 254 for further information.
All candidates must have RTW in the UK