An exciting opportunity currently exists for a Service Facilitator within our VSA@Home Service. This role will provide support in the growth of the service, where you will liaise with colleagues and third party providers to ensure an effective and professional service is consistently delivered.
You will have responsibility for the administration of the Care Management System where you will support the efficient and safe running of the staffing provision for the service including, staffing rotas, and monitoring around attendance, sickness absence and annual leave ensuring there is appropriate cover in place to enable us to deliver the best of care.
You will also work closely with the Service Manager in respect of current capacity and the ability to take on new services and/or replace services. You will be required to undertake home visits in the community to complete assessments for new Service Users, ensuring the allocation of appropriate staff to support their needs.
This will be a busy and fast-paced role where the ability to adapt to changing situations will be essential. You must possess the ability to think logically and will be an effective problem-solver who can respond calmly under pressure. You should be a sound communicator and willing to contribute positively to our fantastic team within VSA@Home.
The successful applicant must have previous care experience to be considered for this position.
Salary: £22,888 per annum
Location: Aberdeen, 38 Castle Street.
Hours: 35 per week (some evening and weekend working will be required)
At VSA we offer our employees fantastic benefits including:
- Company pension
- Employee assistance programme
- Generous annual leave
- Refer a friend programme-Receive £200 when you introduce a family member or friend to VSA
- Investment in your personal development and career through our learning and development programmes
- Access to our employee discount scheme
Purpose of Job:
Provision of generic administrative support to the VSA @ Home Service, liaising with colleagues and third party providers to ensure an effective and professional service is consistently delivered.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- CM2000 – administration of the Care Management System such as staffing rotas, daily management of staff diaries, updating service user observations, responding to alerts etc.
- New Business – collaborate with the Service Manager in respect of current capacity and the ability to take on new services and/or replace services within existing staff rotas taking into account any pending new starts
- Service Users – Undertake Care assessment with newly referred Service Users as required. Subsequent matching of SU needs and care package with staff experience and training
- Staff Monitoring – Provide Service Manager with daily monitoring. Support Management team with liaison with multi-disciplinary teams and other key persons to ensure all services are delivered to a high standard. Ensure all areas of concerns are addressed with relevant third party health professionals and recorded accordingly
- Hospital Lists – communicate with Local Authority Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and the GCC to ensure timely turnaround of hospital /respite discharges and admissions
- Work with Team Leaders to ensure new staff have sufficient hours in a timely manner.
- Daily checking of staff runs and working with Team Leaders to put in place runs for new starts
- Ensure staff shadowing is not only organised and implemented but also evidenced and completed
- Update Service Co-ordinator in respect of staff suitability for the role and flag any areas of concern or if any further training may be required
- Attendance -Ensure all service users and if applicable, key contacts, are advised of any staff absence in a timely manner and that relevant shifts are recovered. CM2000 to be live and reflect this. Ensure VSA’s Sickness Absence Policy is adhered to and completed in respect of any staff returning to work following a period of absence
- Annual Leave – With assistance and guidance from the Service Manager, ensure adequate service coverage during annual leave periods
- Reception – Participate in shared reception cover as required between Monday to Friday which involves passing calls to Team Leaders or Senior Support Workers.
- Other - Any other ad-hoc duties that may be required from time to time provided they are reasonable and within the post-holders capability
- Relevant qualification(s) in Business Administration
- Front line care experience to be able to match SU needs with available staffing resource
- Administrative experience in a busy and diverse environment
- Previous experience of working in a care setting in an administrative capacity
- Knowledge of CM2000 or other Care Management Systems
- Effective at building relationships
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Highly organised with the ability to deal with various priorities
- Proactive approach to deal with issues
- Natural communicator both verbal and written
- Empathetic approach towards service users
Other Job Requirements:
Ability and willingness to participate in Reception cover on a rota basis between the hours of 7.30am-8 am then 4.30pm-8.30pm Monday – Friday and weekends.
As Service User assessment will be carried out in the community, must be able to wear full PPE in line with Public Health Scotland and Care Inspectorate requirements.