Looking for weekend work? Do you enjoy working with people? Get in touch to find out more!
£1000 welcome bonus
£189 for sleep duties, this is based on 3 per month
Benefits of joining our team!
- Competitive pay
- Flexible shift patterns
- Paid training- we provide all the training you need to deliver first class support; this includes supporting you to gain your Level 2 & 3 Health and Social Care qualification
- 28 days holiday in your first year, increasing to 33 day after five years and then 38 days after ten-years’ service.
- Comprehensive induction programme including shadow shifts – which means you’ll be fully supported to understand the role whilst getting to know the team and the people you will support
- Free and confidential counselling services for you and you and your family
- A Simply Health Cash Plan- to help you with healthcare costs including dental, physiotherapy, chiropody, optical, new child payment, prescriptions and more
- Long service rewards starting at £100 increasing to £150 depending on length of service – we believe our staff are our greatest asset and we want to reward you for your hard work and commitment to Bethphage
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities- we want to support you in your career in care, from becoming a mental health first aider, to career progression- from support worker to service manager, your development, is our development
- Regular supervisions with your manager, team meetings and feedback
- Refer-a-Friend Award – earn £300 every time you successfully refer a friend and they complete their probation.
- Birthday recognition – our staff receive a birthday card and an Amazon e-voucher every year
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Access to the “Blue light Card” scheme that offers discounts to social care staff in a range of shops both online and on the Highstreet
We are looking for weekend support workers to join our team in Whitchurch supporting adults with learning disabilities.
What is a support worker?
A support worker is great at building relationships, kind, respectful, patient and supports people to live they life they choose. It is a varied role that can include anything from supporting someone with household tasks like cooking to supporting someone with their hobbies and interests. Everyday is different as a support worker and you will be making a difference to someone’s life everyday.
Some of our roles may include personal care.
*Some of our roles requires males, females, race and age specific employees only. Where this is indicated, this is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
From £9.50 an hour
New to care?
We offer all the training you need to be able to deliver first-class, person-centered support. You don’t need to have done this type of work before, just have the right values, be positive about the difference you can make and be willing to learn.
You already have what it takes to get started, your life skills are invaluable to us!
Why choose Bethphage?
We have over 25 years’ experience delivering first-class, person-centered support, with all of our services being rated “Good” by the CQC. You will be joining an organisation that is devoted to delivering the best possible support to make a difference in people’s lives.
- Full UK drivers Licence
- Own car
- Have a passion for helping others
- Ability to work in a team or alone
- Level two diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level three diploma in Health and Social Care
The interview process:
Once you have completed your application form on-line, we will call you to have an informal chat to discuss the role. Where safe, the second interview will be face-to-face and involve the people we support. The whole process is relaxed and gives us the opportunity to get to know you and, you to get to know Bethphage.
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 27