£1000 welcome bonus
Further information will be discussed at the interview stage.
37.5 hours per week (part time will be considered)
£10.29 per hour
£189 per month for sleep-in duties based on three sleep in duties per month
We have an exciting opportunity to lead a team in the Whitchurch area.
Your role will be to assist the service manager in delivering outstanding levels of care to the people we support.
We are looking for someone to lead the team in one of our services in Whitchurch supporting three people who live in a shared bungalow.
We are looking for a team player, someone who is confident and is a good communicator, is flexible, a good listener, empathetic and can cope well under pressure.
Some elements of personal care may be required for this role.
Sleep in’s and weekend/bank holidays are also required
If this sounds like something you would be interested in and can demonstrate the following then please get in touch.
- Have an understanding of Person-Centered Planning
- Have an understanding of Positive Behaviour support.
- To be able to work using own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Previous supervisory experience desirable.
- Good literacy skills are essential.
- Good IT knowledge/skills is desirable.
- Good communication skills are essential.
- Participating in the on call Rota is a requirement.
Why choose Bethphage?
We have over 25 years’ experience delivering first-class, person-centered support, with all of our services being rated “Good” by the CQC. You will be joining an organisation that is devoted to delivering the best possible support to make a difference in people’s lives.
Benefits of joining our team!
- Competitive pay
- Flexible shift patterns
- Paid training- we provide all the training you need to deliver first class support; this includes supporting you to gain your Level 2 & 3 Health and Social Care qualification
- 28 days holiday in your first year, increasing to 33 day after five years and then 38 days after ten-years’ service.
- Comprehensive induction programme including shadow shifts – which means you’ll be fully supported to understand the role whilst getting to know the team and the people you will support
- Free and confidential counselling services for you and you and your family
- A Simply Health Cash Plan- to help you with healthcare costs including dental, physiotherapy, chiropody, optical, new child payment, prescriptions and more
- Long service rewards starting at £100 increasing to £150 depending on length of service – we believe our staff are our greatest asset and we want to reward you for your hard work and commitment to Bethphage
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Development opportunities- we want to support you in your career in care, from becoming a mental health first aider, to career progression- from support worker to service manager, your development, is our development
- Regular supervisions with your manager, team meetings and feedback
- Refer-a-Friend Award – earn £300 every time you successfully refer a friend and they complete their probation.
- Birthday recognition – our staff receive a birthday card and an Amazon e-voucher every year
- Paid enhanced DBS certificate
- Access to the “Blue light Card” scheme that offers discounts to social care staff in a range of shops both online and on the Highstreet
Bethphage is a registered charity which was established in 1994 and provides support to adults with learning disabilities, autism and mental health needs in Shropshire and the West Midlands.
A full detailed job description can be obtained by contacting our HR team on 01743 272880 (option three)
- Communicating effectively
- Upholding dignity and protecting privacy
- Working co-operatively
- Treating people fairly
- Working responsibly
- Continuing to learn
- Level 2 in Health and Social Care
- To be able to work using own initiative as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience in care
- Copes well in high pressure situations
- Own car
- Full UK Drivers License
- Level 3 diploma in Health and social care
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in a care setting
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As we work in the social care sector we are still observing social distancing rules and are committed to guaranteeing you an interview which will be conducted digitally.
“To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice